Watches are known as an amalgamation of both art and science. They not only show the precision that went into them to create such timeless timepieces, but they also tend to reflect the personality of the person who wears them aptly. There are various options to choose from to get yourself the perfect watch you deserve, no matter who you are you can get yourself some class and style on your wrists in the form of Mondaine watches, Triwa watches, Braun watches, and the Olivia Burton watches. Some timepieces like these are forever. All said and done, you finally got yourself your first mechanical watch. congratulations! Are you one of those newbies who is trying to figure out ways to take care of your mechanical watch in the long run? Have a look to know everything about taking care of your mechanical watch:
- Mechanical watches are not just another timepieces, they are vintage and sophistication bundled up in one on your wrist. One of the most beautiful details of a mechanical watch is the fact that you have to wind it up to make sure it works. If you wind up nicely once, you are good to go for the next two days. Your mechanical watch does not get power to work itself because of certain battery operated devices, rather you need to wind it up to make sure the heartbeat of the watch remains. However, it must be made sure that you do not over-wind it. You must always stop when you feel resistance.
- When you first bought your mechanical watch, you must have come across this option of setting up the date as well. But are you still having troubles because the day in your watch and the actual date are not alike? Well, you must have set the date in your watch while the time was stuck between 9:00 P.M. and 2:00 A.M. You will need to pull the crown all out and spin its hands. Once you have surpassed 2:00, you will now be required to set your watch to the actual date. After 2:00, the date changing mechanism in your watch starts functioning smoothly. Always make sure when you are trying to wind up the watch to change the date, always take the forward action and never the backward.
- Shocks, Moisture, and magnets are three arch rivals or nemesis of your mechanical watch. you need to ensure that proper care is taken to keep your watch away from all these things that can cause your mechanical watch to break down. Keeping your watch near amplifiers, or things that have a strong magnetic field can pose threat to the accuracy of your mechanical watches.
- No matter how vintage your mechanical watch is, it will require frequent cleaning and maintenance to ensure its smooth functioning. Every 2-7 years, your mechanical watch must undergo regular maintenance.
- Mechanical watches are some of the best and the most reliable watches in the world. All they require from you is a little bit of love and patience and you can happily manage to spend years with them. There are multiple options for you to choose your mechanical timepiece from- the Braun watches, The Mondaine watches, The Triwa watches, or the Olivia Burton watches. Always remember, craftsmanship, hard work, and heritage make up the beauty that we call the Mechanical watches.